Sunday, April 27, 2008

STUDY: They are what you eat

In the Post Register there was a article about a mothers diet may influence the gender of her baby. I have to say that I think it is true here is some points to ponder.
Having a hearty appetite, eating potassium rich foods and not skipping breakfast all seemed to raise the odds of having a boy. Skipping meals can result in low blood sugar and in lab studies male embroys aren't likely to survive in low sugar levels.
There was a study done in United Kingdom of 700 first time pregnant women who didn't know the sex of there fetuses. They were asked atout there eating habits in the year before getting pregnant.
Among the women with the heighest calorie intake before pregnancy (but still with in a healthy range)56% had boys versus 45%of the women with low calorie intake.women who ate at least one bowl of cereal daily were 87% more likely to have a boy than those who eat no more then one bowl full a weak. Women who had boy eat about 400 calories more daily then those that had girls. inother words boys are bigger so it would make sense that it would take more calories to make them.

well I hate bananas and I know that I don't have a high calorie intake and I don't eat cereal for breakfast so if I want a boy I need to make some changes..
Just so food for thought.Let me know what you think and if this applies to you..

No comments: